Make up Monday | What's on my face: Indian Wedding Edition

Indian Wedding Look
Indian Wedding Look
NARS Virtual Domination Palette
Indian Wedding season has officially begun. This generally means a lot of gatherings, catching up with a lot of people and wearing pretty clothes. As sad as this sound, a part of the whole process I enjoy the most is getting ready. Indian weddings call for lots of colour and having fun with make up so it gives me a chance to use products that do not always make the cut for my everyday routine.

Base
So I recently ran out of my NARS tinted moisturiser and shock horror, I decided to try out something new. I bought the new Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue which is a hydrating gel. This is the first time I am testing it out so I will let you know how it goes.

I also needed to get rid of those pesky dark circles and for some reason I also ran out of my beloved NARS Creamy Concealer and decided to try something new. I bought the new Urban Decay Skin Concealer in the shade Warm. So far, I am in love! but I will have a review up soon.

To bring some warmth back in to my skin, I in with my Laguna Bronzer. I know I use this all the time but it is because it is fool proof. It works well on top of any base and lasts all day.

Cheeks
Now it is time to head to the cheeks, The wedding is in the afternoon and the sun has been out so I went for luminous look so I went with the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush. It has a hint of peach tone in it which adds some luminosity as well as colour to the cheeks. Then to finish it off, I go in with the Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up Highlighter. This is my go to creme highlighter because it is long lasting, subtle but effective and goes on top on other products incredibly well.

Eyes
When a wedding comes around the eyes are my favourite thing to experiment and go slightly over the top with. (Over the top for me personally) I have been itching to try out the Ilamasqua Liquid Metal in Soltice which is a nice rich gold. As the name suggests it is a cream formula which you can build up once it has set. For some reason I want to amp up the gold a bit more so I went in with my Loreal Colour Riche Mono Eye shadow in the shade Gold Mania.

To finish the look off, I lined my lids with my Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in black. I love this liner. It is so easy to apply for an eyeliner noob like myself. It is black without being too intense. For this look, I would have preferred a slightly more intense black but this did the job well.

For the lashes, I layered up two of my favourite mascaras. The Bourjois Volume Seconde Mascara for blackness and volume and Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash for even more volume and curls that make my lashes look bigger and bolder than any other mascara I have used. This combination was absolutely beautiful and made it look like I was wearing a pair of false lashes without the faff of actually having to wear false lashes.

Lips 
The outfit I am wearing genuinely happened to work with purple lips. Not my general go to for a Indian wedding look but when an opportunity to wear purple lips knocks I take it. I lined the lips with MAC Soar which is pretty close to my lip shade. I then did something I very rarely do at weddings an applied Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 30. It is a deep purple shade I have grown to love. It is more of a velvet matte with a bit of a sheen. These lipsticks are incredibly long lasting. The above picture was taken after I came home. There was a big Indian meal and no reapplication! 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter