Wednesday Ramblings | Palettes Worth the Splurge






I am no stranger to make up palettes, they are versatile, travel friendly, offer variety and there is just something special about them.  Over the past few months, I have accumulated a small collection.

Palettes can be expensive and there are a lot out there in the market at the moment, so I thought I would share my favourites with you and tell you which ones are worth the extra money.

The first one I have to mention is the Urban Decay Naked Three Palette. Urban Decay shadows are known for their buttery texture, great pigmentation, long lasting power and great shades. The reason I am mentioning the Third palette is because it the most unique out of the three. It is a palette of pink and mauve hues with a mix of mattes and shimmers. The shimmer is buttery not glittery and I haven't seen a palette similar or just as good on the high street.

A palette I actually love more than the Urban Decay palette is the Stila in the light palette. Stila Eye shadows are hands down my favourite formulation of shadow. The Stila in the Light palette is a neutral palette which has a couple of matte shades, the rest are rich shimmers that blend easy and work well on the lids. There is a mix of light and dark shades so it is an all purpose eye palette. You can do a daytime and evening look with this beauty. The palette also contains my favourite inner corner palette eye shadow in the shade Kitten.

I have a review going up on the next palette because it is the latest addition to my palette collection but it is too good to not include in this post. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is the yummiest palette I own. It is infused with real coco powder which makes it that much more satisfying to open and use. Ever since I bought this at the end of January I have been using this exclusively everytime I have been wearing eye shadow.

For the last palette, I thought I would stray away from eye shadows and talk about a face palette. I fell in love with the NARS Virtual Domination Palette when I first bought it but I still reach for this at least a few times a week. The love is real. The palette has the infamous Laguna Bronzer, Three Blushers and a highlighter. I don't use the highlighter too often but I use the Bronzer everyday and change up the blush too. It is limited edition but keep an eye out around christmas time. NARS does some of the best collections so keep an eye out for them so you can save for the pieces you want to try from it.

And there you have it, those are some of the palettes that I feel are worth investing in. They are all reasonably priced and make perfect presents, additions to your make up collection. If you want to see some of the other palettes I love, I did a whole video on them over on my Youtube channel.

Let me now what you think and share your favourite palettes in the comments! 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter