Review | NARS Meets Steven Klein

NARS Collection 2015
NARS Cosmetics
Dead of Summer
Gold Eyes
NARS Swatch
Face
If there was only one collection I would invest in this time of year it would be from NARS. Year after year they bring out some of the best pieces with the most incredible collaboration and this year has to be the best yet. NARS Teamed up with photographer Steven Klein for their Christmas collection this year creating a variety of sets using prints from his work on the packaging. I knew I could not get everything I wanted from the collection so I had a good think and look on the website and I still decided on not one, not two but three pieces. 

The first one I picked up on is the NARS Dead Of Summer Palette. As much as I love NARS, I have never tried any of their eye shadows so I thought this would be the perfect time to give them a try. There are four shades in the palette and it comes with the NARS long wearing pencil eye liner.

Dead of Sea is full of shades perfect for winter. There are a few neutral gold shades as well as a deep red and black for evenings when you may want something slightly more dramatic on the eyes. I have mentioned the pencil before in a pervious post but it s a beautiful creamy black texture which is easy to apply and lasts all day.

I really like the way the shadows blended in together. I did find to get the most of the pigmentation I needed to use a packing brush but I was really happy with how it looks on the lids.

After giving their VIP Red lipstick a try, I decided to have a look at he lipsticks in their collection and fell in love with the look of No Shame. No Shame is a deep berry pink shade. It has purple undertones in it without being a purple lipstick. 

No Shame is a satin finish. It is pigmented like a matte lipstick however it contains Vitamin E to keep moisture in the skin. I found it leave a shine when you first apply it but after an hour the shine dulls down and leaves a beautiful colour on the lips. 

Then the one piece I tried my hardest to resist but come to the next pay day this may way to the. The One Shocking Moment Palette is this years Face palette.

NARS is know for their bronzing and blush powders and the One Shocking Moment palette brings them together in this beautiful packaging.

The One Shocking Moment Palette contains one bronzing powder, one contour powder, a highlighter for the under eyes and four blushes. Each powder is beautiful and incredibly pigmented.

This palette works well for a variety of skin tones. If you have olive skin this will be perfect as the bronzer gives your whole face a little bit of dimension. I also found all the blushes to work well on my cheeks. My favourites have to be Blasphemy and Dolce Vita

All three products are great quality and the packaging is second to none.  

On the whole this is the best collection NARS have delivers yet. I still have more on my wish list. #sorrynotsorry


bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: