Make up Monday | An Introduction to NYX Cosmetics


If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you will know, while I was at Olympia Beauty, I did some cheeky shopping at the NYX stand. NYX is a brand I have been wanting to try for the longest time. Until recently it was incredibly hard to get hold of in the UK so I decided to take advantage and had a good look around.

This month, NYX has launched on Feel Unique so I thought what better time to share some of the things I purchased and decided to do a face of make up mainly consisting of NYX Cosmetics.

The first thing I was looking forward to try was the Powder Blush in Dessert Rose*. It was one of the first NYX products that got my attention a few years ago. It is a nice pink shade with a slight bit of shimmer. This is incredibly pigmented. A little bit goes along way. I was not expecting the colour payoff and applied a little bit more than I normally would but it is a beautiful shade which will be in my daily make up routine.

On the eyes I have the Love in Florence Palette *which is a nice palette full of neutral shades. The shades are right up my ally and ones I tend to gravitate towards. I used the deep brown in my crease and the gold on my lids. The texture is soft and they were easy to blend. I will have a full review of the palette on my blog but so far this seems like a good drugstore eye shadow palette.

I have to admit the next two items are the two items I was the most excited to have a look at when I got to the stand. That is what is on my lips. I actually bought a variety of shades of both the NYX precision lip liners and the famous NYX Soft Matte Creams. For today's look, I decided to go for the lip liner in plum and the Soft Matte Cream in Copenhagen.

Plum is a stunning plum purple shade. Not as dark as Cyber from MAC but deep nonetheless. It applies like a dream and I cannot wait to try out the other shades I bought from the range. For £3.50 if you are lip liner lovers, this is one to give a try.

The soft matte cream is a velvet matte lip gloss. It has a doe foot applicator and reminds me of a liquid lipstick, except it is not drying. Copenhagen is a deep purple which looks incredible on all skin tones. This is really comfortable to wear and if you are scared of liquid lipsticks these would be a good option to try. They are pigmented without being too intense and do not dry your lips.

A wild card I was not expecting to stumble across is the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. They had the shade black, which is quite rare, especially on the high street. I have never used a eye brow pencil as I tend to use pomades more so this a bit of a struggle to get use too but by the time I got around to trying it on the second brow I got the hand of this. The did snap slightly at the beginning which could be due to how I was applying it and only happened once.

Overall if I had to pick favourites, I would have to say the blush and the lip products on first look are already love products. There will be more in depth reviews on all of these products as well the other bits of pieces I grabbed while shopping at the NYX stand. I am so excited to see what this brand has in store for the UK. Here is hoping a full stand comes in a Boots and Superdrug soon. 
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: