Wednesday Ramblings | All about the Blow Dry

Manchester Hair

Manchester Hair
Rebecca Gladstone
Rebecca Gladstone
Esmie Style
Esmie Style



Last two pictures from Esmie Style Instagram



My hair is not something I am hugely adventurous with. I like giving it a dramatic cut (My Pintrest board supports my latest ideas) but that is where I leave it. So it stands to reason I have never had a traditional blow dry for a special occasion...that is where Rebecca from Esmie Styles stepped in and opened my eyes.

Esmie Style's is the cutest trendy salon in the heart of Manchester's Piccadilly Gardens. When I stepped in the room I was instantly surrounded by the most incredible decor I have seen in s salon. The mirrors had lovely vintage detailing to them and it added to the whole experience.

The blow dry took an hour but I could have stayed there the entire afternoon. It was very relaxing and soothing, a great pick me up. I get my hair cut about two maybe once a year and treat it as something special and Rebecca did everything to capture that experience, making me feel like I was visiting a friend for a girly chat.

While washing and creating the waves for the blow dry being a beauty junkie I was intrigued about the products that were being used. A good blow dry starts off with a good hair wash so that is exactly what happened. This felt more like a head message it was very soothing and I could have gone to sleep.

After that I was offered a lovely drink. (I opted for water there is always some time for a cup of tea) Rebecca got to work applying mousse and rolling my hair. It was done so quickly and effortlessly. I have a lot of hair and potentially this could have taken a very long time.

The end result was stunning. My hair looked curly and wavy with the right amount of softness and delicacy it needs to have a good bounce.

Esmie Style has a private salon feel to it with a much more affordable price tag. It plays host to high clientele so I was surprised and happy to see this blow dry retails for just £30.

It is slightly further than my usual hair haunt but by the time I was ready to leave I was already telling Rebecca I would be back for a full cut soon. If you are looking for a special treat while getting your hair cut for yourself or a loved one this is the place to go. 


*haircut was complementary but I was not paid to write this post


bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: ,