Review | Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks
Stark Naked Matte Lipstick
Temper Matte Lipstick
Bittersweet Matte Lipstick
Afterdark  Matte Lipstick
It is no secret that I love a good matte lip. My blog is full of shades and brands with the same formula so when I found out Urban Decay was releasing a matte version of their revolution lipsticks I gave a little squeal. 

The Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks* is as the name suggests a matte formula. Unlike traditional mattes, the matte revolution lipsticks have a comfortable velvet finish to them. With the pigmentation and vibrancy we know and love from Urban Decay, each of the nine shades in the collection pack a punch. 

Now, on the actual shades. I have four in the collection. Two of which I absolutely adore and Two which I am not sure are the right shade for me personally. 

Stark Naked is a complete nude. It washes me out as you can see but if you like full on nude lips or if you have paler skin than myself this will work for you. The formula and application of this is spot on. 

Temper is a slightly coral. At first it reminded me more of MAC Morange or Lady Danger, however, there are slightly more red tones making it more wearable for those of you who generally stray away from coral shades. I did not think this would actually suit me but I honestly enjoy this shade. 

Bittersweet is a bubble lilac shade along the veins of Stila's Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick. The purple has some blue undertones in it which stops it from washing me out. It is a really bold out there shade but is fun and one I would wear on the weekend or when I am hanging out with friends. 

After Dark is a true Nafisah shade. A deep true purple shade. Unlike most purple shades which have a hint of brown or red in them, After Dark is a true purple. If you like Rebel from MAC, you will like this. It is slightly more matte and longer lasting. I will be wearing this shade a lot. 

I have my eyes on the shades 1993 and Bad Blood which I plan to pick up soon. 1993 is a brown shade and Bad Blood is a deep blue tone red which I can never resist. 

The Urban Decay Mate Revolution Lipsticks* come in similar sleek packaging as the original revolution lipsticks but in a nice black packaging. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the packaging it looks a lot more luxurious than it's £15.50 price tag. (It feels like it should be priced along the lines of a Tom Ford Lipstick. 

If you are a fan of lipsticks in general, you will love this latest launch from Urban Decay. 

bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: