Review | NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow FoundationThere was once this girl who loved make up, but there was one missing piece to her puzzle. The one make up item she did not feel the need to own. That was foundation and the girl, that was me. I did not think I would rave about a foundation until now.

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is a well loved and known foundation for a good reason. It is lightweight easy to blend in to the skin to create a nice flawless complextion.

The formula reminds me of a to notes moisturiser. It is nice and nourishing and does not feel heavy on your face and some foundations can. Unlike a tinted moisturiser though, NARS Sheer Glow has  a medium coverage, evening out your skintone and masking any redness that may appear on the face. You can build it up with a couple of layers but I apply a thin layer and blend it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. (if you want to see it in action I used it in my latest videos.) 

It lasts all day. I have worn this on a regular day and it has stayed in placed without moving or disappearing which is why I was drawn to it. I wanted a base I could wear on special occasions such as Eid or Weddings and this fills that void perfectly.

I am the shade Barcelona which is a nice yellow toned shade. The range has an extensive range so if you are very pale or have a deeper skintone, there will be a shade in this range that will suit you. 

To me this is an all year around base. It gives you a nice glow without being overly dewy, allowing it to work in the summer and gentle enough to make you look healthy in the winter. Whatever your skin type, this foundation will work with you. The only thing I noticed is that if you have flaky dry skin, it may clings to those patches so exfoliating the flaky skin away before applying it will help create a more flawless look. 

For those of you fellow non foundation girls, this is the one you need to try. It may change your mind. While I will be wearing tinted moisturiser often, it is nice to know I found a love for a foundation on those days I wanted a little bit of oommf to my face. 

PS - The foundation does not come with a pump but if you feel like you need one NARS sells them separately for £3. Just ask at the counter. 

Lots of love

Nafisah

bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: