Review | Illamasqua Shard Lipstick

illamasqua Shard
illamasqua Shard
illamasqua Shard
illamasqua Shard






I have been on the look out for a new pinky red lipstick and It was completely by chance that I came across Illamasqua Shard lipstick.

Shard is a dusty pink rose shade, which is perfect for this time of year. I find it to be slightly more pigmented than my natural lip colour which makes a slight change from the bold colours I love to wear.

Formula wise, Shard is a traditional matte lipstick. I love a good matte shade as you know but in this case, you do have to make sure you have prepped your lips a little bit before hand. If I know I am going to be wearing this lipstick before hand, I will apply the Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner and I am all set to go. If you have dry chapped lips, this will not be your friend but otherwise this actually applies like a dream without any problems.

I love wearing this to work because I am a huge tea drinker so I don't have to worry about it slipping and sliding everywhere. It has become a new favourite to wear and slightly different to my old go to lipsticks for work which is exactly what I was looking for.

While I was at the counter I came across the shade Kontrol too, which is the complete opposite, but I tried it on and fell in love. That might have to be my next Illamasqua purchase...



Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter