The Sunday Post | My Week


Instagram Pictures - Happy Birthday to me from me, Pamper goodies courtesy from Benefit Cosmetics, #lovetanya, Chocolate Tea, Brookies, surprise birthday cake

Currently Reading - Love Tanya by Tanya Burr
Currently Watching - CocoChivTV
Currently Listening too - Old Carrie Underwood songs.

So this week was rather special. It was my birthday. If you know me, you will know, over the last couple of years I haven't really celebrated my birthday but this year I thought a little celebration wouldn't hurt.

The first part of the week went rather fast, I usually have some sort of organised routine but that went out of the window this week. I managed to get things done but it means that I was not able to spend as much time reading blogs and Youtube videos. I plan to do that tonight though so that is ok!

Wednesday, was my actual birthday which was a great day. I was working but it was still made special. I got some lovely presents and had a laptop free evening with my parents and sister. There is this desert place near us so we went there for a little midweek treat which was nice. We don't usually get to go eat so it was a lovely change.

I had taken Friday off which was nice. I just wanted the day to get ready for the weekend and I spent the morning filming this weekends video. It took me a while as I am use to filming around others. In the afternoon, I did some baking. As much as I would like to say I am a baker, I really am not. I wanted to make Lily Pebbles Brookies and they turned out great. Everyone enjoyed them and there are hardly any left!

Being a film buff, I wanted to go see In to The Woods so in the evening I took my two cousins. It was a very unique film, full of great acting, singing and added quirkiness for good measure. James Corden is absolutely fabulous. I laughed and cried - definitely a sign of a good film.

As it was my birthday I invited my close friends around for a movie night. There was popcorn, pizza, Brookies and more. We watched Think Like A Man. I love my friends, I didn't want a fuss for my birthday at all, I just wanted something low key but my friends and family went out of their way and it ended up being really special. My best friend moved and said she was not going to be able to make it because she was working but she was just being sneaky and actually came down yesterday so she could surprise me. I am usually good at figuring things out but hats off, I think she is one of the only people who could get away with this without me figuring it out.

They bought me some lovely gifts and my friends surprised me with a cake which was probably the most incredible cake I have ever eaten. I was up till like 1 am cleaning it up but it was so so worth it.

Thank you to everyone who has my birthday meaningful. Normal boredom will now commence momentarily. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter