Wednesday Ramblings | Top 5 Red Lipsticks


I make no secret that I love a good red lip. I wear it on a regular basis. As it is that time of year people are more social, after work catch up with friends, work evenings and general winter weather many of us wear a red lip this time of year. So I thought I would share my go to red lipsticks for this time of year.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
My latest red obsession. You all know I have begun an mini collection of these lip pencils. They are my new lip product love. Cruella is a slightly deep red. I say deep but only slightly. Again if you're someone who does not want to spend a lot of time on your lips this is one to go too. I wear this to work because it is very comfortable on the lips. Not drying and very easy to apply when you're in a rush and good to carry around for touch ups. I reviewed it here if you want see more pictures and swatches.

Revlon Matte Balm in the shade Standout
I raved about the Revlon Matte Balm when it first launched earlier this year. This is a slightly deep shade of red. It is matte so it lasts a good few hours. This is your busy girls red because it fits nicely in your handbag and is also easy to apply. You do not feel like you have to becareful when you put it on.

Lime Crime Velvetine in the Shade Red Velvet
Without doubt  Red Velvet is my absolute go to when I have a big event and I want a bold lips. The formula is incredibly matte. I mean you have to use a make up remover to take this stuff off. It is a true straight up red shade and I always get complimented when I am wearing this. If you want to wear a red lip and you're going to be eating and drinking. This is the one to go too. It has a doe foot applicator so this is one I take my time with applying but it is worth every second. You can see what it looks like here.

Loreal Colour Riche Collection Blake Pure Red
This is the truest red lipstick I own. It reminds me of MAC's Ruby Woo. It is that perfect red that will suit more skin tones in my opinion. I was very impressed with the formula of these which you can read more about here. It is matte but hydrating and very long lasting. It was so easy to apply and I love how these smell. It reminds me of something sweet which I really love.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Collection in 111
I talk a lot about the shade 107 but another shade I wear constantly from the Kate Moss Matte collection is the shade 111. I have had this for over a year now and it is still one of my favourites to break out. It is a matte formula again (can you sense a theme) but none drying. You can eat and drink with this on without worrying you are going to end up with splotches of red lipstick everywhere.

Yes, I know, I know I need to go to a Red Lipstick anonymous centre but a girl can never have too many red lipsticks. They are a right of passage. FYI, if you're new to wearing red lipsticks, I did a blog post all about my tips of wearing red lipstick in case you missed it.

Happy red lipstick wearing you lovely bunch.


Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter