Review | Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade




Hi my loves, If you know me, you will know I love a good eye brow. It is one of the first things I look at and compliment (to which unless you like eye brows yourself I get a weird reaction too) Up until recently I was a shadow girl. I would just fill in my brows with a black shadow and be done with it but I wanted a change. It was starting to look a bit too messy for my liking.

Que the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, which has become an absolute staple in my make up life. The Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade is the latest launch from the brow queen Anastasia of Beverly Hills. It is a kind of mouse for your eye brows. I have the shade Ebony which is a deep dark chocolate shade.

If you like really bold brows and have black hair like me go for this shade but if you prefer something on the more subtle side the shade lighter may work for you.

When I first got this I was very excited to give it a whirl. I had herd such good things and was eager to give it a go. I also found it a bit daunting because I had never used anything other than shadow on my brows and was quite weary about getting a very strong  'scouse brow'. After finding some tutorials on YouTube (The answer to everything) I felt a bit more confident.

I apply this by first starting at the bottom of the middle of my brow. Not at the end or the beginning. The reason being is because the formula is quite unique being mouse like you can get the problem of applying too much. This allows you to spread the pomade over the rest of the brows evenly. If you want a more visual view of how I apply it, this video by Make Up By Tiffany D , shows you how it is done beautifully.

I apply it with a regular angle brush and found it works really well. I will admit it took me a couple of go's to be completely comfortable with it but now it has become second nature and the over all way it makes my brows look is highly impressive. The pigment payoff (which is weird to say about a brow product) is incredible.

You can apply a thin layer or build it up to create a bit of a stronger brow (which I personally think suites me better)

I have to say I am impressed with the colour range. The hairs on my eye brows are black, not brown or dark brown so finding a brow pencil or product in a colour that I am happy with is rare so I am glad I have found this one.

If you live in the UK, the only readily available on Cult Beauty. It took me forever to get my hands on it as it was sold out so quickly once the site launched it. If you are fan of groomed eye brows you definitely need to give this a try.



Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,