Review | MAC's Heroine Lipstick






Hey beauties, I thought I would keep on the lip theme this week and introduce you to my latest MAC purchase which of course was a lipstick.

Ever since the retro matte collection launched last year I had my eyes on the shade Heroine. By the time I was able to buy it, it as out of stock. Luckily MAC decided to make their collection perminant. Saying that this was still very hard to get ahold off. After months of trying to track it down I managed to get my hands on it and I am so glad I did.

MAC Heroine is a violet purple shade which people say look like Up the Amp. It is a bold shade so might not be for everybody but if you like bold lips this one is definitely for you. It is full of vibrancy and a very fun way to jazz up an outfit.

It looks a bit darker in the tube than it comes across once applied on the lips so don't let that bother you.

As a matte formula, the lipstick is very long lasting however it isn't as dry as other matte lipsticks like Ruby Woo and Flat out Fabulous it has more of a satin finish compared to them. It glides on very easily and stays for hours.

The only thing I woulds say is to make sure you have white teeth when wearing this shade. As it quite vibrant it brings out the yellow in your teeth.

I wear this on a regular basis but if that isn't for you it is perfect for special BBQ's and summer parties as it can really pull a nice summer look together.


Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,