Review | Bourjois Bronzing Primer




Hey there my loves, I am a bit behind in trying out this offering from Bourjois but it has been something that I have been wanting to try for the longest time.

For those of you who have yet to try this the Bourjois Bronzing primer is a similar concept to the Chanel Soleil De Tan Chanel and is suppose to be a complete dupe. I haven't tried the Chanel one but I do know that both Chanel and Bourjois are owned by the same company so there could be some truth in that.

The Bourjois Primer, looks scary in the pan and is quite different in texture and formulation. It has a more mousse like feel but do not let this put you off. It blends in seemlessly on to your face leaving your face looking perky and near flawless.

The feel and finish on the skin is something that I do not normally go for. Personally I like more of a dewy complexion and it brings my face to life. Although, this brightens my face and adds a hint of light colour, it is quite matte and has a bit of a silicone feel to it (Think along the lines of the original smashbox primer) These are things I dislike in a product but for some reason did not really mind when it comes to this Bronzing primer. I fixed the dewiness with a cream highlighter.

Bourjois says this is suppose to even and smooth the skin creating a flawless complexion. I have to say I agree with this. Even though it blends seemlessly and does not over power my face I notice an incredible difference.

You can use this multiple ways, under foundation as a primer, over foundation as a bronzer or just on it's own, which is how I prefer to use it. It is kind of my make up no make up go to. I apply this slap on some mascara, sort my eyebrows out,  add a lipstick and I am good to go.

It is also worth noting that it has a distinct smell to it. I cannot put my hand on what exactly it smells off but to me personally it is actually quite pleasant. If scent is something hugely important to you then maybe rethink purchasing this or give it a sniff at a Bourjois counter before purchasing.

Another thing I want to address is that I have had questions about it suiting certain skintones. It claims to suit every skintone. To be on the safe side if you have really fair skin I would test it first but for those of you who have the same skin tone to be or more olive and deeper skintones this will definitely work for you.

For £9.99 it can be seen as a bit on the higher end of drugstore make up but if you want something new for the spring and summer this is worth trying. It may seem daunting and difficult to work with at worth but they do say practise makes perfect.


Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , , ,