Review | Revlon colour burst matte balms



Hey my loves, I have something really exciting to share with you today. I know we are only one month in but I have to say this is the most exciting launch for me this year so far.

I have never fell for the chubby stick, colour burst phenomenon because I found them a bit too sheer and glossy but when Revlon released The Colourburst matte balms  early December in America I was hooked and could not wait for them to make their way to the UK.

On January 22nd they finally became available in Boots and I grabbed the shades standout and sultry.

Sultry is an everyday pink mauve shade. Perfect for long days at work or for a day shopping. If you like a more a neutral lip this is a great shade for you.

Standout is for all the bold lip lovers out there. It is a deep red shade. It is a great choice for a daytime bold as it is not too bright but also can be worn with a lovely dress for evenings.

Unlike the originals, the Revlon Matte Balms are highly pigmented. The colour comes on instantly and true to what you see in the bullet.

The formula contains a blend of shea, coconut and mango butter so although they are matte, they are also very moisturising and hydrating on the lips.

These matte balms are perfect if you fine applying lipstick to be a bit of a faff. The application of these are easy and take a minute if that. I brought one for my mum and she fell in love with it.

As you would expect with most matte formula's the lasting power of these is highly impressive. I drank tea and ate a snack and it stayed in place. The only time it faded was when I had a full meal and even then it didn't look messy or un even. I would be quite happy to wear standout to a meal without having to worry I got it all over my face.

As you can probably tell, I am a huge fan of these and happy to them in drugstores. They are currently 3 for 2 and have a huge shade range so now is the time to buy. I already have my eye on a couple of other shades.

Have you tried the colour burst matte balms?

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , , , ,