Make up Monday - Top lipsticks for Autumn











Swatches top to bottom: L'oreal Cassis Passion, MAC Flat out Fabulous, MAC Craving, Rimmel KM 107, Revlon Cherries in the snow, Borjouis Violene Strass

Happy Monday! Autumn is underway which means a lot of us will be changing up our skincare and our make up. Personally, my make up doesn't change too much. I love bold lips all year around but I am a lipstick obsessive (as you all know). So I thought I would share the shades I think are perfect for the colder months.

L'oreal Colour Riche 376 in Cassis Passion - £8.19
This is a perfect berry colour for those of you who want a dark lip but do not want it to appear 'vampy' It is a deep pink colour. I have talked a lot about this lipstick as it is one of my favourites so I will not bore you too much with the details but this is pretty much everything I look for in a lipstick.

MAC - Fall out Fabulous (Retro Matte Collection) - £15
Matte lipsticks are one of my favourite formulations to wear add that to the word MAC my stomach literally churns with excitement. I am going to do a full review on this next week but lets just say this has not left my lips since it arrived in my house. It is a nice blue pink toned shade which I don't typically go for but looks absolutely stunning. Perfect for those days where it is cold but you are teased with hints of sunshine.

MAC Craving - £15
I call this my everyday bold lipstick. I wear this on days I want to rock a bold lip without standing out too much (for example at an interview or a day in the office) It is a true pink with some purple undertones creating a muave colour on my lips. It is a amplified finish so it is moisturising while also being pigmented on your lips.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Collection 107 - £5.49
You could not expect me to do an Autumn lipsticks post without mentioning one of the most talked about lipsticks in the blogesphere? NO! The shade 107 is a deep wine red colour. I absolutely adore this shade. The colour on your lips is beautiful. You can go out and eat with this on and not have to worry about the colour going all over your face. This will be the best £6.00 you will ever spend on a lipstick.

Revlon Cherries in the snow. -  £7.49
My first Revlon lipstick and it did not disappoint. The bold bright true pink is definitely not for the faint hearted. It is moisturising so if you like bold lips without the matte formula this is perfect for you. It has a creamy texture but stays in place on your lips for the entire day. The only time I have to re apply is after I have a drink or a meal and even that is my personal preference as the colour still remains but slightly fades evenly.

Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in Violine Strass - £7.99 
Bourjois launched this lovely range of lipstick early in the year. I had herd a lot about them before hand and couldn't wait to get my hands on them. The texture is soft and creamy perfect if you have dry lips. The pigmentation rivals the Revlon lip butters and the lasting power is good for a drugstore lipstick. When it does fade it doesn't go all over your mouth instead it just fades evenly throughout the day. It is perfect for those who are easing their way in to bold lips.

There you have it - if you see me around in the up coming months I will probably have one of these shades on my lips.

What are your go to lips for the upcoming season? 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,